We have attempted to address some questions (and some trivia) that Jeff Buckley fans (old and new) most often ask. In our efforts to be as complete and accurate as possible, we have consulted as many sources as we could get our hands on, and have quoted Jeff directly where we could. The priority with this FAQ is accuracy, not sensationalism.
Our FAQ is a comprehensive reference containing new information and the most frequently asked questions. It should be nearly completely accurate, although it will be a continual work-in-progress. We hope our FAQ will get better over time.
We were indebted to have had the help of a very special person while we were putting this FAQ together. Jeff Buckley's mother, Mary Guibert, was kind enough to contribute, edit and verify the facts of our FAQ. Her help was invaluable and greatly appreciated.
We are very open to suggestions for questions that you would like to know the answers to. Also, if you feel you have more detailed or more accurate information concerning what we have presented here, please e-mail Becky at <Spngledsky@aol.com> or Russ at <email@example.com>. If possible, include your sources for reference.
This FAQ will continually be a work-in-progress, so check back for updates.
We have the following people to thank for their noted contributions to the FAQ:
for your patience, your assistance, and for your warm generosity.
On behalf of Jeff's admirers all over the world, thank you for your tireless efforts in getting all of the unreleased recordings out in such a beautiful fashion.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Without your encouragement, support and patience, I never would have thought myself capable of such a project. This is a testament to what a "whole lotta love" will get you. Thank you. I love you dearly. *b
A super big "Merci Beaucoup" to Marie-Helene Savard for coming to the rescue,
a la Francais.
for sharing her insight after studying Jeff's voice.
Jack Bookbinder and Gene Bowen|
We would like to express our gratitude for your help and for the information you have provided us regarding the band's equipment. Many thanks for your cooperation.
Dennis in the delphi
Special thanks for many great articles that provided a wealth of information and secret tour dates. We'll meet in the mischief minute under that grand purple tree. *b
Thanks for the information about the "Everybody Here Wants You" video, and for all of your work bringing Jeff to fans all over the world.
Thanks for the Gaelic translation of Sin-é.
Thanks for answering my call for Nusrat information. It's greatly appreciated.
- Diehl, Matt. "The Son Also Rises: Fighting the Hype and Weight of His Father's Legend." Rolling Stone, October 20, 1994, Issue 693, Pages 68-70, 163
- Dye, David. "World Cafe." WXPN Interview, Winter 1993/94
- Ehrlich, Dimitri. Inside the Music: Conversations with Contemporary Musicians about Spirituality, Creativity, and Consciousness Shambhala Publishers, 1997, Boston, Pages 149-59
- Flanagan, Bill. "Jeff Buckley Missing, Presumed Dead." Village Voice, June 10, 1997, Issue 23, Page 62
- Flanagan, Bill. Sketches liner notes, New York, February 1998
- "Gracelands - The Strange Life and High Times of Jeff Buckley." Juice, August, 1997, Pages 54-57
- Guitar Player, March 1994, Volume 28, Issue 3, Page 120
- Harris, Steve. Rockin' On (Japanese magazine), November 4, 1994
- Irvin, Jim. "It's Never Over." Mojo, August 1997, Issue 45, Pages 32-38
- Kelemen, Gayle. KASR Interview.
- Kingsmill, Richard. Triple J Radio Interview. December 1995
- Morning Becomes Eclectic. KCRW Interview
- OOR (Dutch magazine)
- Rotondi, James. "The Power Of Grace." Guitar Player, April, 1995, Volume 29, Issue 4, Page 21
- Schruers, Fred. "River's Edge." Rolling Stone, August 7, 1997, Issue 766, Pages 21-24, 70
- Smith, Chris. "Village Voice." New York, November 14, 1994, Volume 27, Pages 68-72
- Tortorici, Frank. "Duncan Sheik's Humming A Breath Of Fresh Air." SonicNet, October 28, 1998, http://www.sonicnet.com
- The World Cafe. "Tongue and Groove" session with
Duncan Sheik. February 22, 1999.
- Channel 1, UK. Interview, early 1995.
19 Apr 1999
|The Kingdom For A Kiss Jeff Buckley F.A.Q. By Rebecca Kane ©1998, 1999
Copyright ©1998, 1999 Russ Fuller <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All rights reserved.
Reproduction of all or any part of this site is prohibited except for personal, non-commercial use. Redistribution or publication, regardless of media, is prohibited without prior written authorization.
Third party material copyrights are as indicated.